The paperback cover
Finally, after a few hours of finessing and finessing again, the Amazon robots have accepted the cover and manuscript for Prequel, and final approval for sale is in the hands of a manual reviewer.
The cost of printing is rather different to the cost I’ve accrued from two different printers, as I developed various iterations of Biome NE47. So we’ll see what the cost for so-called author’s copies will actually be, when and if the reviewer approves the paperback. I’d like to think that the printing might be presentable, and that there could be a small return to the author if hard copies were to be made available at local outlets. But we’ll see.
Meanwhile, on the eBook front, the last and final revisions to the manuscript were uploaded yesterday to the Amazon platform, and now the pre-submission deadline before the Kindle service goes live (1st of June) has passed.
So there’s nothing for me to do now except wait for the real live service, whereupon I’ll inform earlier readers that the comments/reviews boxes are ready for their input. Without at least a couple dozen 4* reviews, an author cannot move into the proper promotions sphere, so I’m hoping for kindness from the reviewers. And also, on the evening of the 31st of May, I must take down the free service of the advance review copies, so that I can subscribe to the exclusive Kindle Select service for better promotions/marketing opportunities.
And then, oh joy, I shall embark on the same odyssey as I seek to get the main event, the inceptionary novel, Biome NE47, ready for the same sort of service, with a target date of 1st July for that.
I think I’m ready to begin all over again.