So I’ve been thinking, what am I doing with the various blogs and topics and thoughts that I’ve been putting down over the past three years?
I’ve got three separate blogs:
- AllendaleDiary.org was a daily diary of ‘A Year in the Life of a Northumbrian Community’ during 2019. Now serving as a public resource and also a bona fide of my writing discipline, but no longer updated.
- HarryCarrieAndMe.wordpress.com is an ongoing blog of our travels, joys and tribulations in our ancient Hymermobile (born 1997 so 25 years old this year) with which we’ve been enjoying excursions for the past five years — trotted out with every new planning and travelling exercise.
- BiomeNE47.com was meant to be a blog of my writing life, a way to interact with the readers of the Biome NE47 sci-fi/cli-fi series, and it’s been an intriguing conversation with myself over the past year; in fact, this blog documents my self-publishing odyssey over 2021, and now as I try to work through 2022 and two new novels.
But if I were to make a list of what I know best, and what might possibly be more interesting than describing the writing process, it would go something like this:
- Living the deeply rural life in the North Pennines, Northumberland, UK
- Dealing with the challenges of an ageing motorhome
- Finding stories, anecdotes, memoirs, based on stimuli from a variety of sources
- Retirement lifestyle . . . the quest for joy
I don’t feel that I’m really ready to impart any useful pearls of wisdom to the writing community, or won’t until any of my work is rather more successful, anyway. Though I have begun to stick my neck out in a couple of facebook and writing groups, without much feedback so far.
So maybe, if I’m really interesting in building, and interacting with, an audience, I should think of creating a consolidating blog that would have general interest, considering that the pandemic has driven urban folks out to the countryside in droves (properties around Allendale, for example, are snapped up as soon as they go on the market, these days).
Since, like my ‘hari-kari’ blog (yes, the pun was intentional, a little joke really), WordPress still offers blogspace for quite a reasonable fee, my next step in this consolidation exercise could be to think of a catchy title and, well, blog on!